IAMABILL.COM is the website (the “Site”) and online services of PEACE & JUSTICE MYANMAR- PJM (www.peaceandjusticemm.org). While we provide a platform where you can debate, parliamentary information (MPs and Committees’ data, etc...), discuss and voice your opinions or dissent regarding Hluttaw, and individual Bills and Resolutions, access to api related with bill to law processes and Hluttaw (Parlimentatium) can discover how the public views their policies.
YOU OWN YOUR CONTENT
You are responsible for the comments, links and pictures that you make, and post on the Site. It will be referred to as “User Content”, and you will retain full rights in its ownership.
You grant to IAMABILL.COM a license to use, edit, translate, store, display, distribute, exploit or produce derivative works from your User Content without expecting remuneration.
It will be nice of you to provide us with suggestions on how to make our Site even more impressive, but please understand that they will be royalty-free, and there will be no restrictions on this User Content.
Put simply, don’t expect payment of any sort for User Content.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DEACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT
In case we feel that the User Content generated by you is not in keeping with the Comment Board Guidelines or if you otherwise violate these Terms of Service, your account will be deactivated. In fact, we reserve the right to deactivate your account for any reason or no reason at all.
WE ALSO RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DELETE OR MODIFY ANY USER CONTENT
Notwithstanding your ownership of your User Content, IAMABILL (PEACE & JUSTICE MYANMAR-PJM) has the right to delete and/or modify any User Content posted to the Site at any time and without warning, for any reason or no reason.
YOUR CHILDREN HAVE THE RIGHT TO EXPRESS THEIR OPINIONS, BUT ONLY TO PROTEST ISSUES SUCH AS THE INCLUSION OF BROCCOLI ON THEIR DINNER PLATE
Please don’t allow children under 18 to voice their views on Congress through this Site. It is strictly prohibited. Anyone found allowing their ‘adult’ account to be used by an under-18 child will be removed, and members previously removed will not be allowed membership to the Site in the future.
SCOPE OF TERMS SERVICE
These Terms of Service govern your access to and use of the Site, any of the information, text, graphics, videos or other materials created or provided by IAMABILL.ORG. and appearing on the Site (the “Content”), and any services provided through the Site, such as, but not limited to, RSS feeds and HTML “widgets” and code fragments (the “Services”). Your access to and use of the Site, Content, Services and/or User Content are expressly conditioned on your compliance with these Terms of Service. By accessing or using the Site, Content, Services or User Content, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. The Terms of Service also includes the Comment Boards Guidelines.
CHANGES TO TERMS OF SERVICE
As the Site evolves and new features become available, we will revise these Terms of Service. IAMABILL.COM reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify these Terms of Service, including any policies referred to in these Terms of Service, at any time upon seven days advance notice. Notice will be given to you by posting the new Terms of Service or other policy on the Site. If any modification is not acceptable to you, your only recourse is to cease using and/or accessing the Site, Content, Services and User Content. By continuing to use or access any portion of the Site, Content, Services or User Content following the effective date set out in the new Terms of Service or policies as posted on the Site, you accept and agree to be bound by the new Terms of Service or policies.
GUARD YOUR PASSWORD
You are responsible for protecting the password you use to access any secure portions of the Site. You agree not to share your password with anyone else. You agree to take full and sole responsibility for any actions under your password, whether or not you have authorized such actions. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password.
“User Content” includes the video, text and image files which you and/or other users post, upload, link to and/or otherwise submit to the Site or the Services.
You represent and warrant that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents and permissions to post the User Content that you upload to the Site. Further, you grant the licenses contained in these Terms of Service to IAMABILL.ORG and other users of the Site.
We have established guidelines to encourage civility and accuracy of information on the Site, but it is not feasible for us to monitor User Content. You acknowledge that IAMABILL.COM does not have any obligation to monitor User Content, for any purpose and, as a result, is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, appropriateness, legality or applicability of User Content or anything said, depicted or written by users.
IAMABILL.COM does not endorse any User Content or any opinion, recommendation or advice expressed therein and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against IAMABILL.COM with respect to any User Content or any opinions, recommendations or advice found in such User Content.
You agree not to do any of the following while using the Site, Content, Services or User Content:
- Post, publish or transmit any text, graphics, or material that in IAMABILL.COM’s sole discretion: (i) is false or misleading; (ii) is defamatory; (iii) invades another’s privacy; (iv) is obscene, pornographic; (v) promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any individual or group; (vi) infringes another’s rights, including any intellectual property rights; or (vii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability;
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Site, IAMABILL.COM’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of IAMABILL.COM’s providers;
- Attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
- Send unsolicited email, junk mail, “spam,” chain letters, or promotions or advertisements for products or services;
- Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or posting, or use the Site, Content, Services or User Content to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
- Interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Site;
- Impersonate or misrepresent your alienation with any person or entity; or
- Violate any federal, state, or local law.
PEACE AND JUSTICE MYANMAR-PJM has the right to investigate and prosecute violations of any of the above to the fullest extent of the law. PEACE AND JUSTICE MYANMAR-PJM may involve and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who violate these Terms of Service. You acknowledge that IAMABILL.COM has the right to monitor your access to and use of the Site, Content, Services and User Content for the purpose of operating the Site, to ensure your compliance with these Terms of Service, or to comply with applicable law or an order or requirement of a court, administrative agency or other governmental body.
The Site may contain links to third-party websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that IAMABILL.COM is not responsible or liable for: (i) the availability or accuracy of such websites or resources; or (ii) the content, products, or services on or available from such websites or resources (the “Linked Resources”). Links to such websites or resources do not imply any endorsement by IAMABILL.COM of such Linked Resources. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources.
If you violate any of these Terms of Service, your permission to use and access the Site, Content, Services and User Content will automatically terminate. IAMABILL.COM reserves the right to revoke your access to and use of the Site, Content, Services and User Content at any time, with or without cause. IAMABILL.COM also reserves the right to cease providing or to change the Site, Content, Services or User Content at any time and without notice, in whole or in part.
USE OF SITE AT YOUR OWN RISK
Your access to and use of the Site, Content, Services and User-Generated Content is at your own risk. IAMABILL.COM will have no responsibility for any harm to your computer system, loss of data, or other harm that results from your access to or use of the Site, Content, Services or User Content.
THE SITE IS AVAILABLE “AS-IS”
THE SITE, CONTENT, SERVICES AND USER CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, OPENCONGRESS EXPLICITLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
IAMABILL.COM MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITE, CONTENT, SERVICES AND USER CONTENT WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS. PEACE AND JUSTICE MYANMAR MAKES NO WARRANTY REGARDING THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR INFORMATION PURCHASED OR OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE, CONTENT OR SERVICES, OR THE ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, TRUTHFULNESS, COMPLETENESS OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE, CONTENT, SERVICES OR USER CONTENT.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED FROM IAMABILL.COM OR THROUGH THE SITE, CONTENT, SERVICES AND/OR USER CONTENT WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold IAMABILL.COM, its ocers, directors, employees and agents, harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with: (i) your access to or use of the Site, Services, Content and User Content; (ii) your violation of these Terms of Service (which by your use or access becomes a binding agreement); (iii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any intellectual property right, including but not limited to right of attribution, publicity, confidentiality, property or privacy right; or (iv) any claim that your User Content caused damage to a third party, including, without limitation, claims that your User Content is infringing.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER IAMABILL.COM NOR ANY OTHER AFFILIATED PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THE SITE, CONTENT, SERVICES AND USER CONTENT WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE, THE SITE, CONTENT, SERVICES OR USER CONTENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER OR NOT IAMABILL.COM HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, EVEN IF A REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT 4USXUS.COM IS NOT LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU. FURTHER, IAMABILL.COM WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY THIRD PARTY CONTENT UPLOADED ONTO, DOWNLOADED FROM, OR LINKED TO THE SITE OR THROUGH THE SERVICES.
YOU AGREE THAT THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF OPENCONGRESS TO YOU FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE SITE, CONTENT, SERVICES OR USER CONTENT IS LIMITED TO ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS. THE LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN IAMABILL.COM AND YOU. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
In the event that any provision of these Terms of Service is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of these Terms of Service will remain in full force and effect.
The failure of IAMABILL.COM to enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service will not be deemed a waiver of such right or provision.
CONTROLLING LAW AND JURISDICTION
These Terms of Service and any action related thereto will be governed by the laws of The Republic of the Union of Myanmar without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
These Terms of Service are the entire and exclusive agreement between IAMABILL.COM and you regarding the Site, Content, Services and User Content and these Terms of Service supersede and replace any prior agreements between IAMABILL.COM and you regarding the Site, Content, Services and User Content. Last updated January 1, 2019. If you have any questions about these Terms of Service, please contact IAMABILL.COM at [email protected].
COMMENT TERM OF SERVICE
While your comments, suggestions and posts on this website – IAMABILL.COM (the “Site”) – are welcome, we expect you to present them in a civilized manner, maintaining a polite tone and using the following guidelines to ensure that your account won’t be suspended. We want to provide a safe environment where you can voice your opinions on important topics. However, this requires your adherence to our rules. Your comments must be associated to what this Site is all about – track, vote and decide on the bills and resolutions.
- Please do not share other people’s personal, private information without taking their prior permission. We are sure you know that this would be illegal, but in case it slipped your mind for whatever reason, such actions on your part would result in your prosecution by the laws that govern this country. Just saying.
- Despite the fact that some people might tempt you to use profanities and abusive language on the Site, please don’t give in to their demands. Be the master of your destiny (and your tongue). Should you feel the need to express yourself, try saying Richard Cranium versus the other phrase. If any comments are found to be insulting fellow commenters, or us, they will be removed. Upon persistent use of this tone, you will wake up one day and find that your account has been suspended.
- Here’s another reason you may find that your account has been suspended. We abhor violence in all its shapes and forms and we hope that you feel the same. Supporting even the remotest idea of this notion through your comments will not be tolerated and we will not be sorry to see you go. Politics is already a full contact sport, so let’s not raise the bar.
- Yet another reason why your account may be suspended. We created this site because we firmly believe in the motto of ‘For us, by us.’ Please don’t indulge in a discussion with the sole purpose of insulting other commenters or say things that are against who they are as individuals. Remember what Aristotle said, “It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.”
- Check yourself before you wreck yourself. Acid words and phrases that reek of racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, xenophobic or anti-Semitic references in your comments, will be removed immediately, and (you get the idea) your account will be suspended with immediate ect.
- Guidelines for a Site comment section are extremely hard to define. There will always be someone who will do something that we will deem rude, mean, disruptive or outrageous – without it having found space on this “terms for comments” board. We will decide what we find objectionable as and when we find it on the Site. And, for those of you thinking of innovative ideas to be offensive, remember that if the Men in Black come looking for you, you won’t remember what you said after the Neuralyzer, but we will.
Now that we have got that out of the way, we are sure that, sometimes, things genuinely go wrong – a technical glitch, for example that results in your comment account being frozen. Please send an email to ask us why your comment was deleted or your account suspended, and we will review your case, and respond as soon as possible.